|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Pyne Library, Princeton University. Marquand Chapel is visible in the background.
Pyne Library is now known as the East Pyne Building. In 1897, the University needed more space for its library collections and built Pyne Library, connected to the earlier Chancellor Green Library building. Pyne Library was funded by Moses Taylor Pyne's mother, Mrs. Percy Rivington Pyne, and designed by William A. Potter.
Chancellor Green and Pyne Library were used as the university library until Firestone Library was completed in 1948. From 1948 until 1965, the East Pyne Building was used for administrative offices; then it was renovated to house classrooms, offices, and part of the Chancellor Green Student Center.
|Print size||4" x 5"|
Universities & colleges
Potter, William A.
Pyne, Moses Taylor
Pyne, Mrs. Percy Rivington
East Pyne Building
In pencil and pen on back of photo:
M.1 Pyne Library