|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Title||[Fitzrandolph Gates in Winter]|
|Year Range from||1905|
|Year Range to||1970|
The Fitzrandolph Gates, at the main entrance to the Princeton University campus on Nassau Street, in winter.
The gates were designed by McKim, Mead, and White and were erected in 1905. They were donated by a descendent of Nathaniel FitzRandolph, Augustus van Winkle. The Class of 1970 requested that the central gates be fixed in a permanently open position as a gesture of inclusion, so this photograph shows the gates in the period between 1905 and 1970.
|Print size||4" x 5"|
Universities & colleges
In pencil on back of photo: