Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Collection Photo Archives
Object ID J_26_007
Object Name Print, Photographic
Title [Pierson Farmhouse]
Description Photograph of the Pierson Farmhouse, later the site of the Princeton Hospital. In December 1918, Moses Pyne donated the 5 acre Murphy farm at 253 Witherspoon to the Princeton Hospital. At that time J. Golden Pierson was operating a dairy farm on the premises. In 1952 the hospital needed the land and the main house was split in two to be used as two separate residences on Arreton Rd.
Place Princeton, NJ
Print size 8" x 10"
Subjects Buildings
Residences
Houses
Homes
Farms
Trees
Fences
Dairy farming
Barns
Power lines
House moving
People Pyne, Moses Taylor
Pierson, J Golden
Search Terms Arreton Road
Princeton Hospital
Witherspoon Street
Notes In pencil on back of photo:
J26

Provenance Appears to be a cropped copy of the same image as J_26_009.