|Title||College Library, Princeton N. J.|
|Photographer||Mead & Beard, Photographers|
|Date||late 19th century|
|Year Range from||1873.0|
|Year Range to||1900.0|
Stereograph of Chancellor Green Library, Princeton University.
Chancellor Green Library was dedicated in 1873. William A. Potter designed the building as the University's first freestanding library. It was funded by John C. Green and named after his brother, Henry W. Green (Princeton University class of 1820, Chancellor of New Jersey).
In 1897, the University needed more space for its library collections and built Pyne Library, connected to Chancellor Green Library. Since the construction of Firestone Library, Chancellor Green has served as part of the student center.
|Print size||3 1/2" x 7"|
Universities & colleges
Green, John C.
Green, Henry W.
Potter, William A.
Chancellor Green Library
Label mounted on back of card:
Mead & Beard
Waverly; Tioga Co., N.Y.
Susquehanna and Chemung Valleys; Watkins, Ha-
vana, and Cayuta Glens; Cayuga and Seneca
Lake Scenery; Niagara Falls--Summer
and Winter; Yosemite Valley: Pa-
cific Coast, and miscellane-
ous Views in all parts
of the world.
Stereoscopes and Views in great variety, at whole-
sale or retail, at reasonable prices.
Albums, Frames, Passepartouts, Lockets, &c.
Photographs finished in the latest styles and finish.
[handwritten in pen:] No. 16
Title of this view [handwritten in pen:] College Library / Princeton N.J.